As the pandemic progresses, we’re growing increasingly aware COVID-19 affects multiple parts of the body beyond the lungs. That includes the skin.
Here are some of these symptoms, from the most common to the least:
- Widespread small red bumps and multiple flat red patches
- Redness of the whites of the eyes
- Chilblain-like symptoms, commonly called ‘COVID toes’
- Water blisters
- ‘Fishing net-like’ red-blue pattern on the skin
- Rash associated with multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children
- Hair loss
If you’re concerned about any skin symptoms, you can consult dermatologist via a telehealth appointment for further advice.