Kulgam, February 10 : Fifth body has been recovered from the gunfight site at Kellam area of Kulgam were gunbattle had been raging since Sunday morning.
Official sources told KNO that with another body recovered death toll in the gunfight has reached five, they added, that earlier four militants bodies were rrecovere.
Earlier forces launched Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) by 9 RR and SOG Kulgam in the area after receiving specific inputs about the presence of militants in the area.
As the search was intensified, the hiding militants fired upon forces which was retaliated triggered gunfight and exchange of fire is going on.
Sources had told KNO that the identification of the slain will be declared later but say that they believe they are all locals.
Meanwhile authorities have snapped Internet services in Kulgam. (KNO)