Shah Faesal to rejoin administration? Govt says ‘no clue’

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government Monday said that it has no clue whether Shah Faesal is to join back administration.

Faesal on Sunday deleted his description as the president of JKPM from his twitter bio.

B R Batnagar, Advisor to Lieutenant Governor told news agency Kashmir Indpeth News Service (KINS) that they have no clue whether Faesal is joining back to the administration. “Let me verify, I have no clue,” he said.

Faesal had topped the 2010 civil services exam and was made a part of the J&K cadre of the IAS.
In 2018, he took a sabbatical of one year to go for studies to Harvard in the US. Soon after coming back, he decided to form a political party of his own.

There are reports that Faesal is likely to join back administration.

This after he was conveyed by authorities that his resignation has not still been accepted. In 2009, he became the first Kashmiri to place first in the Indian Civil Services Examination.

During his career as a civil servant, Faesal served in postings such as deputy commissioner (Bandipora), assistant commissioner (Pulwama) and director school education, Kashmir.

He resigned from the Indian bureaucracy in protest on January 9, 2019, citing “unabated killings” in Kashmir among other things.

On 4 February 2019, Faesal began his political life by giving a public speech in his hometown of Kupwara and shortly after on March 16, 2019 he announced that he would be launching his own political party, the Jammu and Kashmir People’s Movement (JKPM).

Faesal was born in the Sogam area of Lolab Valley, a district in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir. His father, Ghulam Rasool Shah, was a teacher, not only was his father a teacher, but his mother, Mubeena Varrier, as well as grandfather were teachers.

JKPM was launched by him in 2019, but things changed in the erstwhile state after the government decided to remove the special status of J&K in August by abrogating Article 370.

Scores of political leaders were detained and Faesal was also arrested from the Delhi airport. After spending close to a year in detention he was recently released.(KINS)